Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week 11

Week 11 (I think) and I'm still alive!

I guess I'll start off with an update of the language. So Hindi is coming very slow. It's a really interesting language and it is fun to learn, but it is really hard. I still haven't hit the point that I know as much Hindi as I do Fijian, but that day should be coming soon. The hard thing is that most of the Indians I'm just trying to do my part to make it possible for me to be able to receive the gift of tongues.


Okay the coolest thing happened this week! Seriously the most random thing ever!! So me and Elder Tony were up in the bush of Siberia, which is totally in the middle of nowhere, and we roll up to this Fijian house and call to see if anyone is home. Well this old Fijian man with a walker come out and invites us to go talk to him. So we started talking to this guy and he started speaking English to us, and it was crazy, this guy had FLAWLESS English. I was super surprised and so I asked him where he learned to speak English so well, and right as I said that, he said come in and I'll show you.

Okay so it turns out that this guy is the most interesting man in the world. So he started telling us his life story and it is so crazy!! I'm not going to have time to write everything, but this guy is amazing! So he grew up in a village on the north part of the main island and when he was 21 the British military came to Fiji recruiting people and they picked him up! He moved straight away to England and starting working with the military! He somehow through the military he started working for security for the royal family and working his way up over a few short years. By the time he was 30 he was the driver for the Queen!! Then after that he became head of security for Prince Edward and followed him all around the world for years and years. He showed us heaps of pictures of him with all the royal family!
Okay yeah so I don't have time to write all about him, but he speaks like 6 languages, he has lived in like 7 different countries! He also during the Firemen's strike in England was the temporary Fire Chief!! There is so much more too. He is so cool and it was the most random thing ever to meet him! His name is George. He is so kind and is really interested in the gospel. He has already heard about The Book of Mormon and says that he really admires Joseph Smith and feel like he connects with him a lot. So yeah we are really excited about him and hope for the best.

We have met lots of others this week and are excited. We have one investigator who had a confirmation this week that The Book of Mormon is true and she wants to be baptized so bad now, but her husband is very against it.. So sad, but we will see what happens. Hopefully he softens his heart.

We are working hard and time is starting to go a little faster each day. We have our hard days filled with lots of rejection, but we keep our head up and keep trying. There are people here that are ready to hear the message and I want more than anything to be able to find them. And I feel like we are slowly:)

Because we are out in the hot sun everyday I have gotten some gnarly tan lines from my crocks and my watch that I am really, really proud of hahaha.

Zone Conference starts today and I am super excited! It'll be good to see President Layton again and the APs. It is going to be here in Labasa, and so we will have 22 other elders staying in our flat for the next couple days. So wish us luck. We have already hid all our food and valuables and so hopefully they don't find them!! I'll let you know how it goes next week.
  
Thanks for everything! 

Love you all! 













Sorry this letter is super random and weird haha. ​

No comments:

Post a Comment