Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week 10 (with video of flat)

Hello:)

This week has been great!! 

Okay I don't know where to start! 

 
On Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Larsen to Seqaqa! It is beautiful there! It's only like a 40 minute drive from where we are and is the closest area to Labasa, but it is so different! Everything is so green and just gorgeous. We had an appointment with a guy who lived in a koro pretty far away, so we took a dirt road for what seemed like hours until we got to the coast. It was the most beautiful view ever(picture below)! The people in the village were really nice and it was super cool. That night we fried up some fish for dinner and I'll attach another pic of that!

The other days this week have been busy and productive here in Labasa. 

We are teaching a new investigator named Ricko. He is a pretty rough looking guy and has been through a lot. We saw him on the street and just started talking to him a little and he totally opened up to us about his past and all that he's gone through. We told him we were missionaries and he said that is is a sign from God that he needs to change and move on from his past because he isn't happy the way he is living. We are super excited for him. 

We had a follow up appointment with one man who is lives pretty close to us. He was really excited the first lesson we taught him and so we were pumped to get back and see him again. The lesson was going great and then it took a hard turn for the left. He started telling us how people come to his house and how he heals them with black magic. Also he told us that he has everything he needs in his life. He said that him and his wife have never worked, but whenever they need food it just shows up on the front porch. It was a crazy experience and also pretty frustrating but it's okay:) 

On Saturday last week I was able to perform my first baptism! The girl that was baptized(Adi Meri) has been an investigator for a while, so me and Elder Tony weren't the ones who taught her, but I had the opportunity to baptize her and it was amazing. I felt such a warm spirit. She bore a strong testimony after and it was awesome. Definitely motivated me to try harder to help others have that experience for themselves as they grow closer to the Savior.

We were finally able to listen to conference this Saturday and Sunday. I was being very impatient because I had heard so much about it from back home and still hadn't been able to watch it. It was soooo good! I really, really enjoyed it. I especially liked the priesthood session. I felt as if every single talk was directed towards me. But I'm sure that's how everyone felt! 

Shout out to the one and only Ryan Ward!! Called to the California Oakland/San Francisco mission!

Things are good here. Don't worry about me. I'm just trying my best to work hard and keep exactly obedient. 

The scriptures are incredible. I have found lots of joy in studying them diligently every day. Also for those of you who haven't read the book 'Jesus the Christ' I highly recommend it. Such great deep doctrine.

I love you all and I love this gospel. Keep me updated on all that is happening! 

BYEEE
Elda Hess


Video of flat--may need to watch on computer not cell phone :(

















No comments:

Post a Comment