Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 19, 2017

Ayy this week has been really good! 

I want to say happy father's day to the best dad in the world. Dad you're the greatest dad I could ever ask for. Thank you for always being there for me. 

It was transfer week and Elder Tony left to Nausori. I am staying in Labasa and I'm really excited about that! My new companion is Elder Christensen from Utah and he is the man! He's a way hard worker and a beast at Hindi so I'm really excited for this transfer!

This week was chaos for a while. Transfer week usually is. Because every area up here on the north island of Fiji is so spread out, for transfers everyone who is getting moved and their companion have to travel in to Labasa for a day or two before their flight back to wherever they are going. It's nice to be able to see people! Sometimes it's pretty lonely because you can go a while without contact from anyone during the middle of the transfer. 

This week Elda Grimaud(Kremo) and Elder Willoughby(Waloby) finished their missions and left home! It was really hard to see them go because I was really close with both of them! We were able to drop them off at the airport and so that was fun! It was also really hard to see Elder Tony go. He is such a good missionary and I loved being companions with him! He taught me so many valuable things that I will always treasure. 

There are two new missionaries being trained in my district. Yay I'm not the youngest missionary on the island anymore! 

Me and Elder Kris(Christensen) have been hard at work the past couple of days. We are working hard in the area and are excited about the next couple of weeks. 

We have 6 baptismal dates set right now(Pria and Pita, Parpa Wati, Avi, Elvy, and Uliaisi). Right when things start going really good there always seems to be something that comes up and pushed us back, but we are excited for the investigators we have. 

I've been studying a lot in the Book of Mormon recently, and I feel a huge gratitude for it in my life. I had the opportunity the other day to answer some questions for a guy name Singh while driving in a car. He was wondering why there are so many churches out there that claim to be the true one. What a great question. I was able to tell him the story about another boy who had the same question who's name is Joseph Smith. I then was able to go on and teach the first lesson to this man in while driving to the market and I felt the Spirit really strong. So to tie that all back into the Book of Mormon, the Book of Mormon is how we know. It's how we know Joseph Smith was a true prophet. It's how we know that the Priesthood is back on the earth. And most importantly, it's how we know that Jesus Christ lives. 

I don't have a lot of time, but I am thankful to be here in Fiji. I love being a missionary and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! 

Have a great week all!
Pretty sure I just got my sd card wiped from these virus infested computers so you might not be getting any pictures this week. Sorry.

--
Elda Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment