Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 11, 2017

This week was really good! We were really busy the whole time! Busy days and weeks are the best though. It means there is a lot less time to let your mind get distracted by things that don't matter. 

The work here gets better and better each week! We currently have 5 baptismal date set. And a couple others that should be coming soon! I am really excited for all of them. I am praying they all keep growing their testimonies of the restored gospel. 

This week is my last week in training! Which means tomorrow I will find out who my follow-up trainer is! I have a feeling I will be getting transferred which is super sad. I have grown such a love for Labasa and all the people living here!! Especially all of our incredible investigators and the members! 

This week was week 11 which meant I was the senior companion! I learned a ton and really enjoyed it. 

We made donuts again for our investigators this week and it was awesome! Just that one simple thing goes way far and it really opens the doors for us to help them progress! 

I got my new Hindi name badge this week and so now I'm official aye;)

We had dinner last night at the Vosa's and I think it was the best food I have had since I've been here. It was fish and it was SOOO good. I'll send a pic below! 

We have made huge progress with Pria aur app ke parivaar. Her husband was able to sit in on a couple lessons and now he is totally on board. He wants to be baptized bi! Absolute miracle!! They want to be baptized together though, which is awesome, but it does mean that we have to push Pria's baptism back a little bit into next transfer, but it will be so worth it when they both are able to be baptized on the same day!

I was able to lead the lesson their lesson this week in Hindi and it felt great! They were able to understand what I was trying to say so that was good haha! 

I am praying that I will be able to stay here in Labasa taki I will be able to be here for all the baptisms coming up, but we will see what happens! 

This is President and Sister Layton's last transfer in the mission, and also we have 10 missionaries leaving with them. And 5 of those 10 are Zone Leaders!! And next transfer another 3 of those 5 remaining Zone leaders will be leaving. And also Elder Mumford the AP and Elder Fitisemanu who was AP when I got here will leave. So the Fiji Suva Mission is about to get turned upside down, but it'll be fun to see where everyone ends up. 

So I don't have a lot of time this week, sorry, but it's been really good here. I'm still alive and doing great. I absolutely love it here. 

I hope you are all doing good! 

Have a fantastic week! 

Hum tumlong se bohut pyar khare he!


--
Elda Hess

Pictures: 
1. Sister Tarisi 
2. Dinner @ the Vosa's
3. How'd I get so lucky
4. Found the Tree of Life
5. From an investigators front porch
6. Logan(spider-man) @ church










No comments:

Post a Comment