Friday, February 17, 2017

Week 2 MTC

Hello!
Lots happened this week. We are starting to get into the rhythm of things and it is very nice not to be the newest missionaries here anymore. To be honest it feels like I've been here for months! Its crazy it's only been a week and a half. Everyone talks about how if you get past Sunday then everything starts to go better, and wow can I testify of that! Sunday was such an amazing day. The spirit was so strong throughout the entire day. We had a devotional which was incredible and then we got to watch a video of one of elder Bednar's talks about how to have Christ like characteristics and it was amazing!! I don't know if it's just because I am ready to take it all in now or what but that was the most impactful talk I have ever heard in my life. I was very thankful for that boost.
The language is coming a lot better. We have been teaching lessons in all Fijian throughout the whole week and although they started very rough, they are slowly getting a little better! I am studying harder than I have every studied. I can see a little progress everyday and so that is really uplifting to see. 
OH YEAH and guess what? So on Tuesday we had another devotional and because we loved the one on Sunday so much we decided to go early to get good seats! When we got there there were a lot of people but we still got good seats. Then right before the meeting started one of the sisters from our zone came up to us and said it was an apostle that was coming! and that she has a couple seat up by her that were going to be opening up. Me and Elder Aisa hurried up there and we we were like 4 rows back in the dead center! ahhh i was pumped. We still didn't know who it was though. When the mystery Apostle walked in we all stood up. And it was Elder Ballard!! ahh i was so excited. I felt the spiriy so strong as he walked up. He gave a great talk about having a positive attitude and setting good goals. While he was talking i had the overwhelming assurance that he is an Apostle of God. His testimony was incredible. It was an amazing night. I don't have a lot of time this morning so I've got to go. I attached a bunch of pictures below. I can't remember which ones are which but ask me questions about them if you have any haha. I love you all. Thank you for all your love and support. Mom thanks for the cookies my district loved them. Especially Elder Scholle. haha he ate his and Elder Cox's haha.





Elder Samuel Jason Hess
MAR22  FIJ-SUV
2005 N 900 E Unit 103
Provo UT 84602

This is my info if any of you want it. Au lomani iko.

VAKANUINUIVINAKA

--

Elder Hess​




No comments:

Post a Comment