Friday, February 10, 2017

First 3 days MTC

Hello guys,

First two days down. My P day is going to be Friday while here in the MTC! Everything is going really good. My companion is elder Aisa from Australia and he is a really good guy. He is Samoan and lived there for the first five years of his life. We are the only two elders going to Fiji here in the MTC. There are two other sisters who are also going to Fiji and who are in our class. One of the sisters is from Tonga and the other is from Papa New Guinea. Fijian is very different. I am trying really hard but it is really difficult to pronounce things. I am getting better though! It is also hard to remember because it doesn't really relate to English at all. I study a lot though and have noticed a lot of improvement in even the first two days. The other two elders in my district that I room with are elder Scholle from Orem who is the only elder going to the Marshall Islands speaking Kiribati! He is actually the one I went through the temple with for the first time. We got our endowment out the same day so we knew each other before we got here. And his companion is Elder  Cox going to Tonga! Brennan Cox! He was one of Whitney's friends so I knew him before also. The chance of that!! haha. He went to AF and graduated in 2015. He is the only elder going to Tonga. It's kinda crazy because just in our room we are learning 3 different languages and so we like practice our vocab and simple phrases to each other but no one understands what the others are saying. But what's funny is now I am actually starting to understand a couple things in Tongan and Kiribati. haha. I'm gonna be mad if i get out to Fiji and remember more Tongan than Fijian haha.

This is definitely a special place. The spirit is so strong everywhere you go and I know I am going to love it. I already do! Us four elders are already like best friends! I feel the spirit stronger than ever and its the greatest feeling! 

Our Zone is all the island and ASL(American Sign Language). We have 31 people and are learning the most languages out of all the zones here in the MTC. And one whole district in our zone is just sign language! We have another elder, elder Mywa from Papa New Guinea also going to the Marshall Islands but he is learning Marshallese or however it's spelled. And then we have another elder, elder Larrson who is learning Haitian going to Florida he is also the only one learning that language here.

Well while I'm in the MTC I will be emailing on Friday so look out for me! I love you all. Please pray for me to receive the gift of tongues because i am teaching a lesson tomorrow night in all Fijian... 

Au Lamoni Iko.
Elder Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment