Sunday, October 8, 2017

8 Months!! October 8, 2017

This week has been fantastic!
I have enjoyed so many things, but probably the best part was conference! I loved general conference! I feel so uplifted because of the words of the prophets! I really wish I had appreciated it more fully my entire life up to this point! It is amazing how true the church is. Like wow it is so true it's crazy! 

I loved what my grandpa shared with me:

One of my favorite scriptures is "Look unto me in every thought doubt not fear not.” That is a commandment which may take a lifetime to  achieve but I think me meant what he said.  D&C 6:36   In verse 34 He said, therefore fear not, little flock; do good;  let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. The great question we need to ask ourselves when confronted with decisions in life is, "what would Jesus do.”

I love this what my grandpa sent me because Christ is the way. It is so special to know of his true church on the earth today! I also really loved Elder Holland's talk. It gives us hope that we are not expected to be perfect. We are in a fallen state right now, but that is what the atonement of Jesus Christ is for. It makes it possible for us to overcome that spiritual death that comes from our sins. I know that it is not easy but because of Jesus Christ we have hope. Don't get discouraged just keep working. It will all be worth it!  

We are leaving soon to do a hike as a zone which is going to be really fun! 

Love you all! Sorry not many details! 
-- 
Elda Hess









No comments:

Post a Comment